1. Expertise. Freelance translators that specialise in your field are experts and will produce a better translation than a large agency that offers all languages and all fields.
2. Communication. You value a personal service and wish to speak directly with the person translating your material. I am personally available to all my clients to make sure they get exactly what they need.
3. Quality. You require regular translations and want to maintain consistency. Using one specialist translator means they are familiar with your requirements, style and terminology.
4. Confidentiality. There is only one person (two with my trusted proofreader) dealing with your sensitive documents instead of multiple agency staff and contractors.
5. Value. Lower overheads and fewer people involved mean your money is going where it is needed most – on the translation.