Susie Jackson interviewed me for her Freelance Insights series. Susie asks small business owners from a range of industries the same questions on their work and lifestyle and her website offers lots of useful tips for running a freelance business.
This year’s BP (Business + Practice) conference for the translation community is going virtual. We can’t meet in person, but you can sit back in the comfort of your own home or garden and discover ways to grow your business, improve your skills, and network with colleagues online. See you on Friday, 24 April, for my session on effective follow-up.
We talk about:
- Whether machine translation is disrupting the translation industry, international perceptions of the UK market.
- Useful tips if you need translation, how to go about it and what to look for.
- International business and differing approaches to communication in different cultures.
- The impact of Brexit.
- International Translation Day.
- Advice for developing a career or business as a translator
Cologne, June 2018
Talk: Translating your message for international markets. Innovative products need innovative marketing.
- Powder coatings market: continuous appeal, February 2021https://www.european-coatings.com/articles/2021/02/powder-coatings-market-continuous-appeal
- Covestro and DSM: Sustainable Strategy, November 2020 https://www.european-coatings.com/Markets-companies/Raw-materials-market/Covestro-and-DSM-Sustainable-Strategy
- Outstripping the Market, August 2017,Print edition along with “Building a Brand”: ECJ 02/2017
- A Protected Market, Feb 2018. PDF available from the European Coatings Journal https://360.european-coatings.com/journals/a_protected_market–EC__e5d44de46297647cca06196ddee6bab2dd05c988#
- Academic Language Experts:Clear, Concise, and Conversational; How to write an academic paper with impact
- Training for Translators: Finding direct clients through direct marketing
- ITI Bulletin, UK translation and interpreting association publication, Sep-Oct 2017, p.20: Activation Stations
Marketing with a Difference, a two-hour workshop for translators and interpreters held in Cambridge, December 2019.
Tess Whitty interviewed me in episode 210 of her award-winning podcast.
We talked about direct marketing campaigns as a long-term relationship-building strategy. We also discussed my experience and results and provided lots of practical tips to help people to run their own campaigns.